The Great Axe is an upgrade of the Hand Axe in MooMoo.io.
- The Great Axe is unlocked at Age 8 if the Hand Axe was chosen earlier.
- The Great Axe gathers four Resources per swing for each resource.
- The Great Axe deals 35 damage.
- The Great Axe does not reduce movement speed.
- The Great Axe has an attack speed of 0.4s.
- The Great Axe has a shorter range than the Short Sword.
- Turns into the Gold Great Axe when it has been used to gather 3,000 resources, and the Diamond Great Axe when used to gather 7,000 resources.
- Use the Great Axe to gather resources 4x faster than normal.
- Avoid using the Great Axe as a weapon when battling players who have a Short Sword, Katana or Polearm. Instead, use your Secondary Weapon if possible and use any Spikes or Traps that you have.
- Pair the Great Axe with the Bow in order to collect wood for arrows very fast and use the Bow as your weapon.
- In the event, it is impossible to escape using the Great Axe as a weapon, use your speed to quickly get close to your opponent. The Great Axe is equally matched with most other weapons damage-wise but is inferior in range. Close the distance to negate the enemy's advantage.
- Choose the Great Axe if you plan on doing a lot of building as it will allow you to gather the necessary resources much faster.
- Use the Great Axe to quickly gather Food in the event of a prolonged fight.
- Use the Great Axe's high speed to run away from danger or to act as a "Shock Troop," a soldier who storms the enemy at blistering speeds
- Pair with the Miner's Helmet and find a spot where you can hit multiple resources at once in order to really rack up Gold.
- Pair with the Samurai Armor to gather resources ~30% faster
Upon achieve 3,000 resources the Great Axe will become the Golden Great Axe. The Golden Great Axe is one of the easiest golden weapons to obtain because it gathers four resources per swing, making it considerably easier to gather 3k resources. Note that gold does not count towards the Golden Great Axe, though food from Mobs does. Like all Golden Weapons, the Golden Great Axe appears as a normal Great Axe in the player's inventory, though the axe itself turns a yellow color and becomes considerably larger with steeper curves in the blade. It deals 38 damage per swing.
The Diamond Great Axe is the diamond version of the normal/golden Great Axe. It deals a total of 41 damage without any hats/accessories. Like the Golden Great Axe, the Diamond Great Axe is an easy diamond tool to obtain due to the Great Axe's high resource gathering rate. It may be obtained by gathering 7,000 resources. The Diamond Great Axe takes on a completely different shape than the Golden Great Axe.
- Earlier in the game, the Hand Axe was the Great Axe.
The Great Axe was added in version 0.15 as an upgrade of the Tool Hammer and an alternative to the Short Sword. Initially, it behaved more like the Hand Axe then it does now, but it gathered Gold at the same rate as any other weapon until version 0.16 where it was changed to gather 6 Gold per swing. (Called points at the time) 0.19 changed the Great Axe's move speed, making it greater than the Tool Hammer's. It also increased the damage it did to the current level. 0.25 increased the Great Axe's move speed again. 0.37 changed the way the whole game looked, including the Great Axe. Version 0.82 added the Golden variant of the Great Axe. The Diamond Variant was added in version 0.892, and nerfed from +20% damage to +18% in 0.895. 0.896 Updated all Diamond Weapon Sprites, including the Diamond Great Axe's. Finally, version 0.9 made the Gold and Diamond variants of the Great Axe much easier to obtain, requiring only 3000 and 7000 resources each compared to the earlier 5000 and 10000, respectively.
| Tool Hammer • Short Sword
Great Axe • Polearm
|Hunting Bow • Crossbow|