|This is a featured article, one of the best on the wiki. Please refrain from editing the page without learning further information.|
- The Polearm deals 45 damage.
- The Polearm is unlocked at age 2 as an alternative to the Daggers, Bat, Short Sword and Hand Axe.
- The Polearm reduces move speed by approximately 18%.
- The Polearm's attack speed is slower than the Hand Axe, 0.7 compared to 0.4.
- The Polearm has a knockback similar to that of the Spike.
- Using the Polearm to gather 3,000 Resources will cause it to become the Gold Polearm. Likewise, gathering 7,000 resources with it will turn it into the Diamond Polearm.
- Make every hit count, as the Polearm attacks slower than any other melee weapon and you may never get another chance if you miss one.
- Use the weapon's knockback to keep faster opponents at a distance.
- Try trapping your prey first, then use the polearm's long range to quickly dispatch them.
- Pair with the Shadow Wings and Booster Hat to negate its crippling speed.
- Use the Samurai Armor to attack enemies faster.
- Due to its slow attack speed, the Polearm is the least efficient resource gathering tool in the game.
- This can be resolved, however, by pairing with the Great Hammer and using it to gather resources at a more normal rate.
- Try using the Polearm with the Repeater Crossbow, this will give you a powerful, slow weapon, and a fast weak weapon.
- The Polearm can be used with the Bull Helmet. This way, you can get the most damage. It's especially powerful when also paired with the Crossbow. If you hit a player with the Bull Helmet and then immediately switch to the Crossbow, a player can easily be killed in less than half a second with good aim.
- The Polearm was originally an unreleased weapon found in the game's data files, lending credence to the theory that the Shotgun, and the Shield 2 will one day be implemented.
- Shield 2 was added but then removed.
- It is the strongest Melee weapon in the game.
- The Polearm is usually called the Spear by Sidney de Vries and the datafiles.
- The Polearm is unique in that it is a fully functioning melee weapon right from the moment it is obtained, and it does not need to be sacrificed in order to obtain the Repeater Crossbow like the Katana does.
- This trait is also shared by the Bat.
0.896: Nerfed Polearm. Attack speed nerfed to 0.7 seconds and movement speed nerfed to 82%. Added diamond spear sprite
- 0895: Attack rate nerfed to 0.6 seconds.
- 0.894: Added Polearm
| Tool Hammer • Short Sword
Great Axe • Polearm
|Hunting Bow • Crossbow|