"reduces damage taken but slows movement"
The Soldier Helmet is a Hat that reduces damage taken.
- Reduces all damage taken (except healing) by 25%.
- Slows movement speed by 6%.
- Costs 4000 Gold.
- Pair with the Wooden Shield to block 85% of damage taken in melee combat. (100% in ranged combat)
- Pair with Shadow Wings to negate the slow movement speed.
- Works best with the Katana, as the Katana allows for maximum DPS paired with a higher damage resistance.
- Works well against the Polearm, reducing its high damage and taking away its biggest advantage.
- Use it to outlast your opponent in battle.
- With the Bat, you can be riot control and keep enemies away from teammates as they fire arrows!
- Use to help prevent insta-kill.
- Structures are more effective against the Soldier Helmet than Weapons.
- If you place a Spike next to a Soldier Helmet user who is stuck in a Pit Trap, they will die, regardless of their damage resistance.
The Soldier Helmet is thought to have been added in version 0.68 and underwent a sprite change in version 0.76. It was buffed from -20% damage to the current -25% damage in version 0.896. 0.896 also changed the Soldier Helmet to allow it to block projectile damage, before version 0.896, it only blocked melee damage.