The Spikes is a Structure in MooMoo.io.
- Spikes are unlocked from the moment you join the game.
- Spikes deal 25 damage points to any enemy that touches them.
- Spikes cost 20 Wood and 5 Stone.
- Spikes have 375 health points.
- You can place a maximum of 15 spikes.
- Line the inside of your Base with spikes, to kill players who try to boost through them.
- Use spikes to help block important areas of your base.
- Use spikes and Boost Pads to make traps that automatically kill players and animals.
- Trap a player or animal with a Pit Trap, then place a spike right next to him to kill them! This trick also can instakill an auto healer!
- When running from players who are faster than you, quickly place spikes in their path to obstruct them.
- Place spikes on both sides at the end of the river and use a Flipper Hat around the area and patrol with a Katana for free kills. Animals also crowd around this area after some time and might stumble into the spikes once in a while, giving you extra kills and resources.
- If someone Boost Pads at you, quickly place a spike down as an easy counter.
- When building a base, you can alternate between spike and wall to save resources and structure limits while also creating a deadly defense.
- You can scare away animals by making them run into your spikes.
- If you are fast with Booster Hat and Monkey Tail, you can run around a player and put spikes around him. If you place one correctly, the player will keep getting hit by the spikes and die. However, this works better with Greater Spikes or Spinning Spikes.
- Spikes are one of the first items in the game.
- Spikes have been in the game since its launch but were accidentally removed due to a glitch in version 0.892 when Sidney de Vries changed the inventory system.
- Even though there are only 5 spikes, if you touch anywhere on the spike (doesn't matter whether it is in between or not) you will still take damage.
- The Spike was the first Structure that could deal damage.
Spikes have been in the game since its launch. Version 0.25 increased the Spike's knockback, only to be changed back to normal in version 0.27. Version 0.52 increased the Spike limit to the modern 15. By popular demand in version 1.3 spikes were changed so that they don't damage players who aren't moving, fixing a meta where players could trap and then spike enemies to instantly kill them. Strangely, the same people who requested it immediately backlashed and the changes were reverted in version 1.4.