"you become a walking turret"
Turret Gear is a Hat in MooMoo.io.
- It’s a rotating turret on your head.
- The Turret Gear shoots Cannonballs at nearby enemies, just like a Turret but the animated top sprite does not need to face the target, and it instead just spins around.
- It does 25 damage per shot.
- It fires every 2.5 seconds
- It has a target range of 700
- You move at 70% of your normal speed while wearing
- Costs 10000
- Try to hit an opponent with a high knockback weapon, like the Bat or the Polearm so the hat could deal some ranged damage.
- Combine with Monkey Tail and a ranged weapon to easily kite the enemy.
- You can also use it to kill AFK players in their bases, as it shoots through walls (unless they use Windmills as part of the wall)
- Don't walk around with this all the time, as it slows your speed noticeably.
- Walk to an opponent, quickly equip it and then unequip. This will fire a cannonball and provoke the opponent.
- An advanced version of insta-kill involves Turret Hat. Equip the Bull Helmet, then hit your opponent (using E) with Short Sword/Polearm, and switch quickly to Musket. (if you are using Polearm, then Crossbow will do) Simultaneously equip the Turret Hat. This is used widely to insta-kill Soldier Helmet users. It is very hard to pull this off without Hacking, but many hackers do it with ease.
- Use the Wooden Shield to negate the Cannonball's damage.
- Use the Daggers, Booster Hat, Monkey Tail, or Shadow Wings to escape the Cannonball.
- Use your superior speed to your advantage.
- This hat is one of 3 animated hats; the others are Spike Gear and Windmill Hat. These three hats (along with Booster Hat) are also the only Hats with corresponding Structures.
- In the changelog, it is referred to as the "Turret Hat".
- Sidney first announced the Turret Gear when he announced version 1.0, but it was added in version 1.1.
- The Turret Gear shoots 0.2 seconds slower than regular Turrets.
- Though the Turret spins, it can fire in any direction at any time.
- The Turret Gear is the first and only hat to have an AI in the game.
The Turret Gear was added in version 1.1, though the turret base was technically added in version 1.0. The base changed shape in between version 1.0 and 1.1. in 1.2, it's movement speed was cut by 40%. 1.3 cut it's speed by an additional 10%. The update at version 1.6.9 increased its movement speed to 70%.